Rivington Partners created a homeowners insurance program to address the coverage needs for homes in the Northeast region not properly being serviced by the admitted marketspace. While many other insurance carriers solely use analytics for blackbox underwriting, Rivington looks at each individual home to determine coverages, acceptability and pricing. For risks too complex for the admitted market, Rivington encourages creative thought process– which results in customized solutions for policyholders.
Rivington Partners is a managing general underwriter that focuses on writing specialty property and casualty insurance. We partner with experienced underwriting teams, insurance carriers and agencies while establishing distribution channels in niche, profitable markets. Rivington currently partners with several US and international insurance companies, as well as being tribalized by Lloyd’s of London.
Rivington, in conjunction with highly-rated insurance carriers, delivers superior service to brokers and clients needing effective solutions to complex risks. Our team has best-in-class underwriting and marketing expertise which gives them an un-paralleled ability to source, underwrite, and control/mitigate homeowners risks.
Choosing the right partner for excess & surplus lines can be difficult. While there are many options in the marketplace, few can
- Rivington employs in house Risk Managers, Actuaries, Production Underwriters & Sales Executives who were former independent agents, wholesalers, and carrier executives (admitted & non-admitted) who have extensive personal lines experience. We know the expectations your customers have of you. We have a history of helping you exceed those expectations while remaining nimble to adapt as demands evolve.
- Rivington is privately owned Managing General Underwriter. Our priority is, and always be, our customers and delivering superior customer service.
- We encourage customization, creativity, and exploring “grey” areas in the underwriting process that will enable you to find, negotiate, and deliver solutions.
- We partner with the right carriers to negotiate the needed flexibility in our program.
- We aim to improve seamlessness (quoting, underwriting, policy issuance, insured payment options) which makes doing business with Rivington effortless while reducing the number of interactions you currently have with your clients.
Vice President – Personal Lines Underwriting & Marketing
Oliver joined Rivington Partners in 2018 with the responsibility to launch and manage the Northeast Program. He also manages Sales and Underwriting for other Personal Lines programs offered by Rivington Partners.
Oliver started his career by moving to California (San Diego, then San Francisco) underwriting admitted High Net Worth insurance with AIG Private Client Group. He then relocated “home” to New York City to underwrite the surrounding territories. After his six years with AIG, Oliver joined NatGen Premier in 2016 to help launch their High Net Worth products. Oliver spent two years with NatGen Premier in various sales and leadership roles, managing their New York Personal Lines business development team.
Oliver earned a Bachelor of Science from Skidmore College with a degree in Business Management.
Brian joined Rivington Partners in 2019. Brian handles the day to day underwriting & operations for the Northeast Homeowners program. He started his career as an independent agent handling both personal and commercial lines sales & account management. Brian has spent the last eight years in various underwriting, sales, operations, and management roles with three admitted insurance companies focused on High Net Worth personal insurance (Chubb, ACE Private Risk Services, and NatGen Premier). Brian earned a Bachelors of Arts from Seton Hall University.
Vice President, Senior Actuary
Eric is Vice President and Senior Actuary at Rivington Partners and has 10+ years of experience in personal lines and commercial lines pricing/predictive modeling. Prior to joining Rivington, Eric served as Actuarial & Analytics Manager at Lexington Insurance specializing in non-admitted homeowners, collections, and flood pricing. Prior to that, Eric worked as a pricing actuary at AIG Private Client Group specializing in personal auto and umbrella insurance for high net worth customers. Eric also has managed large portfolios of extended warranty insurance, and started his career at Insurance Services Office working on personal and commercial auto insurance.
Eric graduated from Stony Brook with a B.A. in Biology and Psychology. Eric is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter.
Director, Risk Consultants
Prior to joining Rivington California Homeowners, Craig was an Assistant Vice President with AIG. Craig brings extensive knowledge of risk management with over 20 years of experience. He also has worked for Safeco and Chubb in various capacities such as claims, risk management and marketing.