Expertise and Service:
Our team of underwriters is available to offer you an unparalleled level of expertise. We want to assist you with all of your unique property underwriting challenges. Our laser focus and market understanding of buffer and excess business is complemented by our commitment to give first class service.
Rivington’s Excess & Surplus Property team can write a diverse mix of coverages for a variety of occupancies including but not limited to:
- Office buildings
- Vacant properties
- Municipalities, schools and other public entities
- Retail chains
- Shopping centers
- Manufacturing facilities
- Real estate schedules
- Housing authorities
- CAT-driven property exposures, including hurricane, flood and earthquake
- Difference in Conditions coverages for earthquake, flood or wind
Rivington Coverage Features – includes the ability to offer our clients single peril options:
Quota- share, excess and buffer layer participations for:
- All risks
- Named perils
- CAT & Non-CAT Perils
- Difference in Conditions
- Available single peril policies
- Named windstorm
- Capacity up to $10 million in CAT limits
- $50,000 CAT minimum premium
- Capacity up to $25 million in non-CAT limits
- $15,000 Non-CAT minimum premium
- Multiple coverage options: All risk excluding flood and earthquake; All risk including flood and earthquake; Flood only; Earthquake only; Named windstorm only.
- Policy territory includes the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands as well as incidental foreign exposures
Typical Deductibles – $25,000 for Non-Critical Earthquake; 5% for California Earthquake; 2% for New Madrid and Pacific Northwest Earthquake; $25,000 for Flood, except in high-hazard flood zones; 1% to 5% of Total Insured Values for Wind in 1st Tier counties from Maine to Texas; and $5,000 all other perils.
Manuscript forms and endorsements tailored for specific risks
Coverage is also available for Non-Catastrophe Exposures; Risk driven by perils other than wind, flood or earthquake; Traditional E&S property exposures; Vacant or unoccupied properties; Unprotected properties; and unique property exposures.
We develop “first call” relationships with our producers and enjoy long-term producer loyalty through responsive and disciplined underwriting. Our underwriters average in excess of 25 years of diverse insurance experience, so we understand the market – regardless of market cycle.
Your submission should include:
- Risk specifications, including desired layering, target pricing and expiring carrier/program information
- Description of properties, including all COPE information, process hazards and specific underwriting issues affecting coverage(s) requested
- Five year loss history